If you are a Husband and you want a better marriage, you’ll need to tell your wife this one thing everyday, and it’s not “I Love You.”
While those three words are important, they’re not the only words she needs (or even wants) to hear.
She needs to know you would choose her again.
She needs to hear this and “I Love You” everyday in a variety of ways.
After all, if your boss were to say the phrase “nice job” every single day for every single thing you do…you’ll start to wonder if they are being genuine or just saying what a boss should say.
Let’s be honest for a moment — not saying I’m lying anywhere else, it’s just a saying — anyway, let’s be honest. If you are a husband and a workplace leader you probably study how to communicate better to your team.
You’ll study and use things like, DISC personalities and Five Languages of Appreciation In The Workplace, But, as soon as someone talks about studying ways to better communicate to your wife, your mind immediately thinks something like…”crap, I know this is going to end up with me watching the Notebook.”
Put your chick-flick fears to rest. I’m not going to recommend you do that…not yet.
Here’s the deal guys. Your wife needs to know that if you two weren’t together, you’d still chase her like you did when you were dating. She needs to know you would choose her again and again and again. She needs you to be chasing her.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS:
- Reach out and hold her hand in public, open doors for her, eat at her favorite restaurant…you know…like when you were dating.
- Use International Star Registry and name a star after the two of you, tell her “Babe, you and I are written in the stars forever.”
- Learn her Love Language and speak it every day. (Get the book)
- NEVER leave the house without kissing her…even if you are going out to mow the lawn.
- Text her randomly throughout the day that you love her.
- Just tell her, “I’d choose you again.”.
- Leave her notes.
- Write her a letter for your next anniversary. Seal it, hang it on the fridge and tell her she can open on that day. In the letter, tell her how you feel. (This could lead to watching a chick-flick on your anniversary. but once a year won’t kill you.)
- If she is a stay at home mom, admit she works harder then you and support her anyway you can.
- Remember, inside…your wife is a precious girl who wants and needs to hear everyday she is beautiful.
- ?What other Tips and Suggestions Do You Have?
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW:
- Buy a star.
- Plan a time for your next date and put it on your calendar.
- Tell her right now, “I was thinking, and I’d choose you again.”
- Write that letter for the fridge.
- Three Things Everyone You Leads Want
- Write a Letter To Your Spouse To Grow Your Relationship
- (This isn’t a post, it’s a page with all my marriage post) Marriage Post Page
WHAT DO YOU THINK?:
- Husbands, what other ideas do you have?
- Wives, I’d love to hear your thoughts…do you agree or disagree with me? What would you add to the list?
If you are another blogger and have a post related to this that others might find helpful, please feel free to share a link in the comments.
Did you enjoy, grow or learn from this? Please consider helping our community expand by sharing, commenting and subscribing.